Potomac Greens is a stylish and exceptionally situated townhouse community in Alexandria, Virginia. Located minutes away from Washington, D.C., the Potomac River Waterfront, King Street, and many of the area’s finest restaurants and shopping, Potomac Greens offers its residents live within walking distance. Community amenities include a clubhouse, pool, nature trail, tot-lots, and beautiful green spaces.
- Metrorail Station Construction Jan.17, 2021 Update – 1/17/21
This update contains the latest Metrorail station construction photos. The majority of the steel frame for the North entrance pavilion (Potomac Yard side) is now in place (photo 1). The builders completed installing forms for the Metrorail Station’s mezzanine concrete support beams and floor (photo 2). Last week, the builders began pouring the concrete for the mezzanine support beams and floor (photos 3). The black and orange tarps in the photo are insulating blankets placed on top of the concrete after it is poured. The builders have begun initial preparations in Potomac Yard to build the South pavilion entrance (photo ...
- January Board meeting + trash/recycling this week – 1/16/21 Just a reminder that there will be a Potomac Greens HOA Board meeting this Thursday, January 21, at 7pm. This meeting will be held virtually, via GoTo Meeting. If you’d like to attend, please email Christie Beruete at firstname.lastname@example.org for login info.Also, due to Monday’s holiday, PG’s trash and recycling will be collected a day later this week, on the 22nd, not the 21st.
- Board of Directors Meeting 1-21-2021
There will be a Potomac Greens HOA Board meeting this month, on Thursday, January 21, 2021, from 7-8pm. Because of the ongoing COVID-related restrictions we’ll be meeting virtually again, via GoTo Meeting. If you’d like to attend, please email Christie Beruete (email@example.com), and she’ll send you instructions for how to access the meeting by computer or phone. If you plan to ask a question during the homeowner’s forum, please also send that question to Christie. The Board may also enter into executive session from 6:30PM-7:00PM to discuss legal or contract matters.
- PYMIG 12-28-20 Meeting Notes & Video Update
The PYMIG posted a video update of Metrorail Station construction on December 28, 2020. The video’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to discuss the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The video provides a clear and thorough presentation of construction progress. The video is available at http://alexandria.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=29&clip_id=4769. I encourage residents to view the 20-minute video. The drawing below will help residents locate the various elements of the Metrorail station.
1. Mezzanine/Headhouses. Presentation slides 3-24 focus on the forms being built for the Metrorail Station’s mezzanine. The verbal explanations for the slides will ...
- Metrorail Station Construction Update 12/17/2020
This update contains the latest Metrorail station construction photos. The builders installed shoring to support the mezzanine floor across both the East and West headhouses (photo 1). They are now building extensive form work atop the shoring for the concrete mezzanine floor (photo 2). The forms will create an interlocking ‘web’ of concrete beams between the support columns (photo 3). The mezzanine floor will be connected to the web of concrete beams using ‘flared’ rebar at the top of the columns and concrete beams (photos 3 and 4). Concrete blocks have been laid along the outside bottom of the AC ...
- Annual HOA meeting results – 12/14/2020
Dear PG neighbors–
At the annual meeting over the weekend, Laura Mondro and Steve Crime were elected to the HOA Board of Directors. Sixty-six percent (66%) of the votes cast online and by proxy opted to place the 2020 budget surplus in the reserve accounts. The vote percentages for the other budget surplus options, as listed on the proxy form and meeting announcement, follow: 12.5% (“be distributed to each owner”), 11.5% (“credit each lot”), 7% (“place in special account”), and 3% (“be used to adjust”).
The next Board meeting is planned for Thursday, January 21, 2021.
The PG HOA Board
- Annual Meeting & Santa/Light Decorating Reminders – 12/6/20 Dear PG neighbors–Next weekend is a big one for the neighborhood!First, the annual meeting will take place virtually at noon on Saturday, 12/12. All homeowners should have received instructions for attending from Sentry Management via USPS. Please remember to vote one of three ways: by snail mail, by emailing your proxy form to Christie Beruete (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through the online polls, which will open after the Board candidates have made their remarks at the meeting. Results will be announced virtually on Sunday, 12/13, at ...
- PYMIG 11-23-20 Meeting Notes & Construction Photos
The PYMIG held a virtual meeting via Zoom on November 23, 2020, at 7:00 pm. The meeting’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to update the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The agenda, presentation materials, and video of the meeting are available at https://www.alexandriava.gov/PotomacMetroWorkGroup (Note: The presentation material slides will significantly help you understand the synopsis below).
1. Southwest Access. Both the City Planning Commission and City Council unanimously recommended approval of an amendment to the DSUP to add the southwest access pavilion in Potomac Yard. PYC will begin construction ...
- Holiday Lights Decorating & Santa – 11/30/20Dear PG neighbors–‘Tis the season! Join your neighbors in decking the halls (i.e. our back alleyways) for Santa’s visit on Saturday, December 12. From 4:30-6:30 p.m. Mr. Claus will travel throughout Potomac Greens on his sleigh, visiting with kiddos, making his list, and checking it twice. A team of elves will be on hand to help with social-distancing and making sure everyone has a chance to visit with St. Nick!Ho ho ho!–The PG Social Committee
- Important Annual Meeting Update – 11/27/20
This is an important update to the agenda for this year’s annual meeting. All PG homeowners will receive their proxies and voting instructions by mail in the coming days, so please keep an eye out for them. You’ll notice that in addition to electing two new Board members, HOA members are also now being asked to vote on a second matter.
Due to COVID-related spending reductions, the HOA anticipates a budget surplus at the end of this year, and we’re asking homeowners to vote for one of five options for distributing this surplus. You’ll find all five options listed on the ...
- PYMIG 11-23-20 Meeting Notes & Construction Photos