Potomac Greens is a stylish and exceptionally situated townhouse community in Alexandria, Virginia. Located minutes away from Washington, D.C., the Potomac River Waterfront, King Street, and many of the area’s finest restaurants and shopping, Potomac Greens offers its residents live within walking distance. Community amenities include a clubhouse, pool, nature trail, tot-lots, and beautiful green spaces.
- Shuttle Service Returns 10/18
We’re pleased to announce that shuttle service between Potomac Greens and the Braddock Rd. Metro station will resume on Monday, October 18. As in the past the shuttle will circulate between our community, the Old Town Green communities to our south, and Braddock Rd. Metro. It will operate Monday through Friday, 6-9am and 4-7pm. Its stops will be as follows:
— Potomac Greens Clubhouse
— Corner of Carpenter Rd. stop sign (former/future location of the traffic circle)
— Old tennis court entrance for OTG Townhomes
— Railroad tracks for OTG Condos
— Braddock Road Metro Station
All shuttle riders will be required ...
- Gazebo Installation Delayed The gazebo at the southern end of the neighborhood was removed last week as planned, but installation of the new gazebo has been postponed until next Tuesday, October 19. This new date is still weather-dependent.All best–The PG HOA Board
- Gazebo & Shuttle Updates
Gazebo update: We have been notified that the new gazebo we ordered in the spring, to replace the old gazebo at the south end of our community, is built and ready to be installed. Construction crews are scheduled to remove the old gazebo this Thursday, October 7, and install the new gazebo next Tuesday, October 12. Please note that both dates are weather-dependent.
Shuttle update: We continue to work closely with Old Town Greens and a vendor to restart the Braddock Rd. Metro shuttle and we hope to be able to announce a start date and new schedule in the next ...
- 3 Public Safety & General Welfare Issues
The PG HOA Board would like to remind residents of three issues related to public safety and the general welfare of our community.
1. Pets. The City Code of Alexandria and the Potomac Greens Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CCRs) contain rules for owners with pets. City Code states owners must keep pets on a leash or carry them in all City parks, playgrounds, and public areas (Sec. 5-7-33.1 and Sec. 5-7-35). The CCRs have identical requirements for all common areas (CCR page 45, Article IV, 2(g)). Additionally, the City Code and our CCRs require owners to clean up any ...
- PYMIG Meeting 9/27/21 – in person
The City will host an in-person Potomac Yard Metro Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) meeting on Monday, September 27, 2021, from 7 – 9 PM in the Charles Houston Recreation Center Multipurpose Room.
Update courtesy of Steve Crime, PG’s neighborhood liaison to PYMIG.
- Upcoming PG HOA Board Meeting 9/23
Just a reminder that the Potomac Greens HOA Board will hold a meeting on Thursday, September 23, 2021, from 7-8pm. Residents are welcome to attend in person at the PG Clubhouse or virtually via Microsoft Teams. If you’d like to attend the meeting, please email Christie Beruete (email@example.com), and let her know if you’ll attend in person or virtually. For those attending virtually, Christie will send instructions for how to access the meeting by computer or phone.The Board may enter into executive session from 6:30-7pm to discuss legal or contract matters. Items included on the agenda: committee ...
- PYC Overnight Noise Variance for Sep. 17-20
Communication from Potomac Yard Constructors & the City of Alexandria
Reference: Potomac Yard Metrorail Station
Contract No. FQ16146
Subject: Noise Variance Permit –September 2021
Potomac Yard Constructors (PYC) has been issued a noise variance permit for night work as described below. The scope of work consists of electrical conduit and structural deck installation for the pedestrian bridge across WMATA and CSX roadways (tracks). This work is required to take place at night due to CSX and WMATA regulations regarding work over the active roadway. Note, the work may not be continuous due to weather and availability of CSX/WMATA work windows.
Dates of ...
- Potomac River Generating Station Property Redevelopment Zoom Meeting
PARTICIPATE IN THE FORTH VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING
REGARDING THE REDEVELOPMENT OF
THE POTOMAC RIVER GENERATING STATION PROPERTY
On Wednesday, September 29 at 7 p.m., Hilco Redevelopment Partners (HRP) will host the forth in a series of virtual and open house community meetings regarding the transformation of the Potomac River Generating Site (PRGS) in the Old Town North. The City and the HRP Alexandria team are committed to engaging the community and obtaining feedback on this project and are working together to facilitate the best possible process during this challenging time. In-person community meetings will supplement online engagement throughout this process when ...
- PYMIG 8/23/21 Meeting Notes
The PYMIG held a virtual meeting via Zoom on August 23, 2021, at 7:00 pm. The meeting’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to update the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The agenda, presentation materials, and 1-hour video of the meeting are available here (Note: The presentation material slides will significantly help you understand the synopsis below).
Metrorail Station Roof. PYC has installed the steel trusses for the Metrorail station’s mezzanine and platform roofs. There are steel panels on the east and west sides of the roof, and there will be a ...
- Pool Open 1 More Weekend & Trash Pick-upWe’re pleased to let you know that the PG pool will remain open for an additional weekend this season. This Saturday and Sunday, September 11 and 12, the pool will be open from 10am to 8pm, and then will close for the year.Also, please remember that due to this week’s holiday, PG’s trash and recycling will be collected on Friday morning this week instead of Thursday. Information about other City services is available here.All best–The PG HOA Board
- PYC Overnight Noise Variance for Sep. 17-20