Potomac Greens is a stylish and exceptionally situated townhouse community in Alexandria, Virginia. Located minutes away from Washington, D.C., the Potomac River Waterfront, King Street, and many of the area’s finest restaurants and shopping, Potomac Greens offers its residents live within walking distance. Community amenities include a clubhouse, pool, nature trail, tot-lots, and beautiful green spaces.
- Holiday Lights Postponed until 12/12 (Tuesday) The weather on Sunday is frightful but on Tuesday it will be delightful. In consultation with Santa and Rudolph, PG’s Holiday Lights scheduled for Sunday Dec. 10 will be postponed until Tuesday Dec. 12.Santa, Rudolph and the Elves will be coming through the alleys from 6.00pm on Tuesday Dec. 12.
- Annual Meeting 12/5 @ 7 pm @ Charles Houston Rec | virtual Neighbors,The 2023 Annual HOA meeting will be held this Tuesday, December 5th at 7:00 PM, at the Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe Street), and also on MS Teams. To join virtually, please contact Mel Davis at Sentry Management (Mel.firstname.lastname@example.org) for the link/dial in information.As a reminder, in order to satisfy meeting requirements, we do need to have a quorum of homeowners, so even if you plan to attend, it’s best to turn in a proxy ahead of time to establish a quorum. Everyone should have received a proxy form in …
- PG Holiday Lights | Dec. 10, 2023 | 5:30 pm – 7:00 pmSunday, Dec. 10, 2023 | 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm | PG Holiday LightsIlluminate the back alleys and join neighbors outside to greet and meetSanta, Rudolph and the Elves. Decorate your patio, balcony and/orgarage to light the way for Santa!.Santa and his helpers will travel through our alleyways to greet kids,young and old, in a festive friendly way.Prize for best alley.Organized by the PG Social Committee
- Reminder – PG Board Meeting 11/16 @ 7 pm
Just a reminder that the next PG HOA Board meeting will be held on Thursday, November 16, at 7:00 pm in the clubhouse for in-person attendance and via Microsoft Teams for those who wish to attend virtually. The Board may enter executive session from 6:30 – 7:00 pm to discuss legal and contract matters.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP via e-mail to Mel Davis (Mel.email@example.com) to indicate whether you will attend in-person or require Microsoft Teams login information.
- City Leaf Removal 10/30 in PGDespite what the weather says, fall is definitely upon us!This year, the city has agreed to conduct leaf collection in our neighborhood, which will augment our usual clean up by Grounds Management. Our zone is scheduled to begin this Monday October 30th.City leaf collection is conducted a little differently than the thorough collection we see with Grounds Management. The city will collect bagged leaves, if you choose to bag them, and vacuum leaves pushed to the curb. They will not walk the streets with leaf blowers etc. If you’d like to have your leaves collected this week, the best …
- Reminder – PG Board Meeting 10/26 @ 7 pm
Just a reminder that the next PG HOA Board meeting will be held on Thursday, October 26, at 7:00 pm in the clubhouse for in-person attendance and via Microsoft Teams for those who wish to attend virtually. The Board may enter executive session from 6:30 – 7:00 pm to discuss legal and contract matters.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP via e-mail to Mel Davis (Mel.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christie Beruete (email@example.com) to indicate whether you will attend in-person or require Microsoft Teams login information.
- Voting – Halloween Decorating Contest
Voting has begun in the 2023 PG Social Committee Halloween Decorating contest! Each household may vote via this link from now until Saturday, 10/28. Winners will be announced on Halloween at Rose Square around 5:15 pm.Below is a list of houses participating in the contest. If you can, walk around after dark for the full effect of the SPOOKY decorations and vote for your favorites!House 1 719 Day LaneHouse 2 1856 Carpenter RoadHouse 3 718 Bracey LaneHouse 4 702 Miller LaneHouse 5 1771 Potomac Greens DriveHouse …
- Participate in Halloween Decorating Contest
REMINDER – if you want your house judged in the Halloween House Decorating Contest, your entry request needs to be received by Saturday 21st October. Voting begins on October 23rd.
Entry requests (email your name, and street address) should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New HOA Community Manager Contact
As most of you know, Sentry Management is the management company for the Potomac Greens Homeowners Association. Sentry assigned Christie Beruete as our Community Manager more than 11 years ago in July 2012. However, Christie recently moved farther south and now lives 65 miles from Potomac Greens. Consequently, Sentry has reassigned Christie to manage their associations in Fredericksburg and Richmond. Sentry has assigned Ms. Mel Davis as our new Community Manager. Christie and Mel are working together through October to ensure a seamless transition. During the transition, please address any emails to both Christie (
- Traffic Circle Restoration – 9.15.23 Changes to traffic patterns
I met with Fred Robertson (WMATA Project Manager), Dustin Burkett (PYC), and other contractor personnel to discuss the Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plan for the traffic circle restoration. The builders designed the MOT plan to deconflict inbound/outbound traffic for Potomac Greens while providing the contractors adequate room to restore the traffic circle safely. On Monday, September 18th, PYC will remove the planters along the eastern edge of the pocket park. PYC will replace the planters with water barriers (water-filled plastic barriers that look like jersey walls). The bold red stripe in the bottom photo outlines …
- PG Holiday Lights | Dec. 10, 2023 | 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm