Potomac Greens is a stylish and exceptionally situated townhouse community in Alexandria, Virginia. Located minutes away from Washington, D.C., the Potomac River Waterfront, King Street, and many of the area’s finest restaurants and shopping, Potomac Greens offers its residents live within walking distance. Community amenities include a clubhouse, pool, nature trail, tot-lots, and beautiful green spaces.
- Finance Committee Meeting on Nov. 11 – 10/29/20
The Finance Committee will host a virtual 2021 budget open house on Wednesday, November 11, at 7:00 p.m. All community members interested are encouraged to join! Please reach out to email@example.com for log-in information.
- Halloween, House Decoration Contest, Pond Warning – 10/27/20
Due to COVID-related restrictions there will be no official trick-or-treating kick-off at Rose Square this year. If you plan to give out candy or escort your costumed kiddos around the community, please be aware of this guidance from the CDC and the City.
However, we’re excited for the house decorating contest, which you’ve probably seen flyers for on your mailboxes! It’s now time to vote for your favorite Halloween decorations. All participating homes have a numbered sign in their front yard. Please use this form to vote for ...
- Upcoming PYMIG Meeting Oct. 26, 2020 – 10/21/20
The City of Alexandria has scheduled an electronic meeting, via Zoom, of the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) for Monday, October 26, 2020, from 7-9 PM. The public is welcome to attend electronically. You can find details on how to register for the meeting at https://www.alexandriava.gov/PotomacMetroWorkGroup.
The PYMIG is a forum for the public outreach process through station opening to consider various issues that will arise as the project moves into design and construction. You can find a list of PYMIG functions and PYMIG members at the bottom of the PYMIG page listed above.
- Final 2020 PG Meetings: dates and details – 10/18/20
Dear PG neighbors–
Because we can’t be sure that indoor gatherings will be permitted throughout the rest of this year or what restrictions will apply to them, the annual Potomac Greens Association meeting for 2020 will be held virtually on Saturday and Sunday, December 12th and 13th, starting at noon each day.
The last regular Board meeting for the year will be held Thursday, November 12, at 7pm, also virtually, and the Board will answer residents’ questions about the annual meeting then, but for now here are the basics and several important dates:
— Two Board positions will come ...
- Metrorail Station Construction Update – 10/18/20
Update October 17, 2020
This update contains an overview of the Metrorail station, focusing on the design of the Mezzanine/Headhouse building and the latest construction photo. As previously discussed, the Metrorail station will have a pair of Metrorail tracks with platforms 700 feet long on either side of the tracks (first photo). The Mezzanine/Headhouse building is approximately 165 feet long, and it sits astride the northern portion of the tracks/platforms. The building is shaped like an inverted “U,” and the two supporting structures are called Headhouses. They will support the upper part of the building, called the Mezzanine, which will contain ...
- Trash Delay & Metro Shuttle Survey – 10/14/20 Because of the holiday this week, Potomac Greens’ trash and recycling will be picked up a day later than usual, on Friday instead of Thursday. More info is on the City’s homepage, here.Also, the Board is continuing to gauge demand for resumption of our neighborhood’s Metro shuttle service. Please fill out this new 3-question survey and update us on your current commuting needs or lack thereof.
- Metrorail Station Construction Oct. 3 Update – 10/4/20
The latest construction photos of the Metrorail Station are attached. The first photo shows support scaffolding being installed for the cantilevered passenger platforms that will be located on both sides of the future metrorail tracks. The next two photos show the workers fabricating the rebar forms for the station’s support columns. In the fourth photo, the rebar columns can be seen in the background of the west headhouse platform wall forms.
Although not part of the metrorail station construction, the City recently installed two solar-powered radar speed detectors on Potomac Greens Dr. (PGD) to monitor traffic. One is located at the ...
- Oct 1st – Free Covid-19 Testing in Alexandria – 9/29/30
OCTOBER 1, 4-7 P.M.
Charles Houston Recreation Center 901 Wythe St.
- It is not required, but please bring your ID and insurance card if you have those
- Parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18
- Ages 2 and up may be tested
- You will receive take-home instructions and a call with results
If you would like to pre-register for the event, call 703.647.6160.
Walk-ups are always welcome!
Sponsored by City of Alexandria.
- PYMIG 9-21-2020 Meeting Summary & Metro Station Update – 9/24/20
The PYMIG held a virtual meeting via Zoom on September 21, 2020, at 7:00 pm. The meeting’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to update the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The agenda, presentation materials, and video of the meeting are available at https://www.alexandriava.gov/PotomacMetroWorkGroup (Notes: The presentation material slides will significantly help you understand the synopsis below. The first nine minutes of the video are Zoom “housekeeping” details and no useful info is presented.)
- Construction Update. (Note: I included a photo below in this update to clarify the locations of the various ...
- Construction Traffic Safety & Street Lights – 9/23/20 The Board would like to re-up the following two requests:First, if you have any photos or videos of construction vehicles disobeying stop signs or speed limits while driving through Potomac Greens, please send them to the Communications Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.Second, if you submitted a 311 ticket to the City regarding one of the new, bright streetlights outside your home and you haven’t yet heard from the City or a PG HOA Board member, please send an email to the Communications Committee at email@example.com before Monday, ...