- PYMIG 12-28-20 Meeting Notes & Video Update
The PYMIG posted a video update of Metrorail Station construction on December 28, 2020. The video’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to discuss the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The video provides a clear and thorough presentation of construction progress. The video is available at http://alexandria.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=29&clip_id=4769. I encourage residents to view the 20-minute video. The drawing below will help residents locate the various elements of the Metrorail station.
1. Mezzanine/Headhouses. Presentation slides 3-24 focus on the forms being built for the Metrorail Station’s mezzanine. The verbal explanations for the slides will ...
- Metrorail Station Construction Update 12/17/2020
This update contains the latest Metrorail station construction photos. The builders installed shoring to support the mezzanine floor across both the East and West headhouses (photo 1). They are now building extensive form work atop the shoring for the concrete mezzanine floor (photo 2). The forms will create an interlocking ‘web’ of concrete beams between the support columns (photo 3). The mezzanine floor will be connected to the web of concrete beams using ‘flared’ rebar at the top of the columns and concrete beams (photos 3 and 4). Concrete blocks have been laid along the outside bottom of the AC ...
- Annual HOA meeting results – 12/14/2020
Dear PG neighbors–
At the annual meeting over the weekend, Laura Mondro and Steve Crime were elected to the HOA Board of Directors. Sixty-six percent (66%) of the votes cast online and by proxy opted to place the 2020 budget surplus in the reserve accounts. The vote percentages for the other budget surplus options, as listed on the proxy form and meeting announcement, follow: 12.5% (“be distributed to each owner”), 11.5% (“credit each lot”), 7% (“place in special account”), and 3% (“be used to adjust”).
The next Board meeting is planned for Thursday, January 21, 2021.
The PG HOA Board
- Annual Meeting & Santa/Light Decorating Reminders – 12/6/20 Dear PG neighbors–Next weekend is a big one for the neighborhood!First, the annual meeting will take place virtually at noon on Saturday, 12/12. All homeowners should have received instructions for attending from Sentry Management via USPS. Please remember to vote one of three ways: by snail mail, by emailing your proxy form to Christie Beruete (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through the online polls, which will open after the Board candidates have made their remarks at the meeting. Results will be announced virtually on Sunday, 12/13, at ...
- PYMIG 11-23-20 Meeting Notes & Construction Photos
The PYMIG held a virtual meeting via Zoom on November 23, 2020, at 7:00 pm. The meeting’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to update the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The agenda, presentation materials, and video of the meeting are available at https://www.alexandriava.gov/PotomacMetroWorkGroup (Note: The presentation material slides will significantly help you understand the synopsis below).
1. Southwest Access. Both the City Planning Commission and City Council unanimously recommended approval of an amendment to the DSUP to add the southwest access pavilion in Potomac Yard. PYC will begin construction ...
- Holiday Lights Decorating & Santa – 11/30/20Dear PG neighbors–‘Tis the season! Join your neighbors in decking the halls (i.e. our back alleyways) for Santa’s visit on Saturday, December 12. From 4:30-6:30 p.m. Mr. Claus will travel throughout Potomac Greens on his sleigh, visiting with kiddos, making his list, and checking it twice. A team of elves will be on hand to help with social-distancing and making sure everyone has a chance to visit with St. Nick!Ho ho ho!–The PG Social Committee
- Important Annual Meeting Update – 11/27/20
This is an important update to the agenda for this year’s annual meeting. All PG homeowners will receive their proxies and voting instructions by mail in the coming days, so please keep an eye out for them. You’ll notice that in addition to electing two new Board members, HOA members are also now being asked to vote on a second matter.
Due to COVID-related spending reductions, the HOA anticipates a budget surplus at the end of this year, and we’re asking homeowners to vote for one of five options for distributing this surplus. You’ll find all five options listed on the ...
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
In observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday, Sentry Managements’ VA office will close at 1:00PM on Wednesday and will remain closed until Monday, November 30, 2020. We wish you a very safe and happy Thanksgiving!!
- Upcoming PYMIG Meeting Nov. 23, 2020
The City of Alexandria has scheduled an electronic meeting, via Zoom, of the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) for Monday, November 23, 2020, from 7-9 PM. The public is welcome to attend electronically. You can find details on how to register for the meeting at https://www.alexandriava.gov/PotomacMetroWorkGroup.
The PYMIG is a forum for the public outreach process through station opening to consider various issues that will arise as the project moves into design and construction. You can find a list of PYMIG functions and PYMIG members at the bottom of the PYMIG page listed above.
Update courtesy of Steve Crime ...
- Metrorail Station Construction Update – 11/14/20
Update as of Nov. 13, 2020
This update contains the latest Metrorail station construction photos. The builders have begun pouring the west platform slab (photo 1). The rebar for the floor of the West headhouse is being installed (photos 2 & 3). The fourth and final column of the East headhouse has been poured. You can see the formwork being stripped away photo 4. Steel support beams and ledgers are being installed to support the roof of the AC switchgear building (photos 5 & 6).
The City Council will consider an amendment to the Development Special Use Permit for the new Metrorail ...
- PYMIG 11-23-20 Meeting Notes & Construction Photos