- New Metro Shuttle Survey PG neighbors–Please take a moment to complete this new, more detailed survey regarding the Braddock Rd. Metro shuttle. As you’ll see, we’re now asking for information about not only whether you’ll be using the shuttle in the near future but when. We’ll close the survey to responses on August 13.Thanks, neighbors–The PG HOA Board
- Metrorail Station Construction Update 7/26/2021
Daphne Kott (City Staff) just notified us that WMATA will send out a press release this afternoon around 3 pm announcing that the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station opening will be delayed six months until September 2022. WMATA provided the supplier with incorrect specifications for the Automated Train Control System used to control train movements through the station. The construction schedule of the Metrorail station building will continue. However, the planned “cut-over” date, when trains were to be switched from the existing tracks to the new tracks through the Metrorail station, scheduled for late this year, will not occur until Spring ...
- July 22 Board Meeting
Dear PG neighbors–
Just a reminder that the Potomac Greens HOA Board will hold a meeting on Thursday, July 22, 2021, from 7-8pm. Residents are welcome to attend in person at the PG Clubhouse or virtually via Microsoft Teams. If you’d like to attend the meeting, please email Christie Beruete (email@example.com), and let her know if you’ll attend in person or virtually. For those attending virtually, Christie will send instructions for how to access the meeting by computer or phone. The Board may enter into executive session from 6:30-7pm to discuss legal or contract matters. Items included ...
- Stormwater Pond Remediation Work Dear PG neighbors–Work has begun on the stormwater pond remediation project to bring it into functioning order as a dry pond in compliance with Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) standards. The shared-use stormwater pond on the southeast corner of Carpenter Road is the responsibility of PG HOA to manage, per the Stormwater Management Agreement of July 2014 with Old Town Greens (OTG), and Potomac Plaza businesses on the corner of Slaters Lane and Potomac Greens Drive.This week the contractor will work to drain the pond completely, and allow the accumulated sediment to dry out (weather dependent). You can expect ...
- PYC Overnight Noise Variance for 7/23-26
The following letter was just shared with Steve Crime, PG’s neighborhood liaison to PYMIG.
June 30, 2021
Reference: Potomac Yard Metrorail Station
Contract No. FQ16146
Subject: Noise Variance Permit – July 2021 – Communications and Signal Upgrades
Potomac Yard Constructors (PYC) has been issued a noise variance permit for night work as described below. The scope of work consists of communication and signal Upgrades on WMATA roadway. This includes installation of cable trough, conduits, and ballast. Equipment will consist of excavators, train engines and trailers, welders, generators, light plants, and hand tools.
Dates of work and anticipated activities:
July 9th through July 12th: ...
- PYMIG Notes (Video Update) – June 28, 2021
The PYMIG just posted a video update of Metrorail Station construction for June 2021. The purpose of the video was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to discuss the Metrorail station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The video is available here. I encourage residents to view the 11:56 minute video. The drawing below will help residents locate the various elements of the Metrorail station.
Stormwater Drainage. The design of the new Metrorail station requires PYC to install a drainage system to carry away stormwater from the new station. When PYC installs the new tracks for the ...
- Recent vandalism follow-up
This note is following up on our recent message about the graffiti incident of last weekend. The Board has learned that the Alexandria Police haven’t determined whether or not the vandalism was gang-related but, nonetheless, they’ve increased patrols in our area. We’ve also learned that other neighborhoods in and around Old Town had property defaced, including Old Town Greens, Potomac Yard, and near Portner Rd./Bashford Ln.
Again, the Board asks that if anyone has information about this incident, they should contact APD Officer Monica Campbell at Monica.Campbell@alexandriava.gov and reference case #21-048719. If your house number was defaced and you haven’t ...
- PYC Noise Variance for 7/6-31
The City has just shared the following information:
Dear Potomac Yard Residents and Businesses,
Potomac Yard Contractors (PYC) has been issued a noise variance for early morning placement of concrete via the Carpenter Dr. site entrance from July 6 to July 31, 2021.
Please reference and disseminate the attached notice from the project contractor Potomac Yard Constructors (PYC) regarding the work planned for this time. This notice ...
- Recent Vandalism – Were You Affected?
Over the holiday weekend an individual came into the neighborhood on foot and defaced some house numbers along PG Drive with a black marker. The Board is in contact with Alexandria PD about the incident, and in order to create as accurate a report as possible we’re trying to determine how many homes were affected. If your house number was defaced, please send your name and address to Christie Beruete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you have any videos or photos of the individual who did this, please send them to APD Officer Monica Campbell at Sentry Management – Closed on July 5
Sentry Management will be closed on July 5, 2021 in observance of Independence Day. I wish you all a safe and happy 4th of July celebration, Christie
- PYC Overnight Noise Variance for 7/23-26