- Noise Variance and Metrorail Station Construction Update – 4/19/2021
Noise Variance. The City has extended the noise variance it granted to PYC to April 26, 2021.
North Pavilion. PYC continues work at the North Pavilion. The floor has been poured and wall forms are being installed.
Mezzanine. The steel support structure for the mezzanine roof is nearly complete.
Platforms. Support equipment within the platforms is being installed.
PYMIG Meeting. The April 26, 2021, PYMIG meeting has been cancelled. The City will post a construction update video ...
- PYMIG Meeting Notes 3-22-2021
The PYMIG held a virtual meeting via Zoom on March 22, 2021, at 7:00 pm. The meeting’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to update the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The agenda, presentation materials, and video of the meeting are available at here (Note: The presentation material slides will significantly help you understand the synopsis below).
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Interface. A bike path will run along Potomac Avenue immediately west of the Southwest Pavilion (Potomac Yard side). City staff discussed traffic on the bike path conflicting with pedestrians ...
- Cloudy Water in Neighborhood – 3/26/2021
Several of our residents have reported that the water coming from the cold water taps in our houses is somewhat cloudy, while the cold water from the filtered refrigerator water dispensers is clear. Please check to see if the same condition is present in your house. If it is, please report the issue to the Virginia American Water Company (VAWC) at 703-549-7080. VAWC has said that a break in the water main line along Potomac Greens Drive is causing the discoloration. They are flushing the water main line. VAWC said you should also flush the water from the lines in ...
- Reminder – Board Meeting 3/25 @ 7 pm
Just a reminder that there’s a Board meeting this Thursday, February 25, at 7pm. It will be held virtually; please email Christie Beruete at email@example.com for log-in details if you plan to attend.
- Upcoming Virtual PYMIG Meeting on 3/22/21
The City of Alexandria will host the next Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) meeting on Monday, March 22, 2021, from 7-9 PM via Zoom and the public is welcome to attend the virtual meeting. The meeting can be accessed through the Zoom webinar link found here or by the phone number below:
Dial-in: (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 960 0926 8560
update courtesy of Steve Crime – PG neighborhood’s PYMIG liaison
- PYC Metro Subcontractor Incident At approximately 9:15am on Tuesday, 3/9, a dump truck driver servicing Potomac Yards Constructors (PYC) at the Metro Station construction site was speeding through the neighborhood and had a near miss with a resident. The resident followed the truck to the construction gate and advised PYC of the incident. Fortunately, the resident was able to identify the individual truck. PYC immediately contacted their trucking subcontractor and reported the issue and the offending driver was removed and has been banned from this project.update courtesy of Steve Crime – PG neighborhood’s PYMIG liaison
- Noise Variance and Metrorail Station Construction Update 3/6/21
Noise Variance. The City has extended the noise variance it granted to PYC to install pedestrian bridges over the CSX and WMATA tracks from March 6, 2021, to March 29, 2021. PYC has installed the first of two trusses over CSX tracks. However, CSX has not yet allowed PYC to install the second truss. The noise variance extension provides PYC additional time to obtain CSX approval and install the other truss.
Track Repairs. PYC removed four sections of track last week to install the duct banks that will connect the AC switchgear building to the Metrorail station. PYC then re-installed the ...
- PYMIG Notes Feb. 2021
The PYMIG posted a video update of Metrorail Station construction on March 2, 2020. The video’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to discuss the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The video is available here I encourage residents to view the 14:35 minute video. The drawing below will help residents locate the various elements of the Metrorail station. Note – the slide #’s referenced below pertain to slides in the video.
Southwest Pavilion. PYC will be driving a total of 38 piles in the area under and around the Southwest Pavilion (on ...
- Survey Results on Shuttle, Fitness Center, Parking
Thanks to all the residents and homeowners who responded to the recent surveys regarding the fitness center, Metro shuttle, and potential parking changes in our neighborhood. Here’s a summary of the results and the Board’s next steps on each matter:
Shuttle: The recent survey of PG residents’ need for resumption of the Metro shuttle service showed a lack of demand for now and into the next few months. Therefore there are no immediate plans to restart the service at this time. The Board will continue to monitor the situation in consultation with the two Old Town Green communities who participated in ...
- Reminder – Board Meeting 2/25 @ 7 pm Just a reminder that there’s a Board meeting this Thursday, February 25, at 7pm. It will be held virtually; please email Christie Beruete at firstname.lastname@example.org for log-in details if you plan to attend.