- PG Board Meeting 9/7/22 @ 7 pm Just a reminder that the next PG HOA Board meeting will be held on Thursday, September 22, at 7pm in the clubhouse for in-person attendance and via Microsoft Teams for those who wish to attend virtually. The Board may enter executive session from 6:30-7pm to discuss legal and contract matters. Agenda items include committee reports, clubhouse meeting room refresh, an update on reinvestment of maturing CDs, a Potomac Yard Metro update, a Residential Parking Permit Designation update, the snow removal contract, and the homeowners forum. As with all PG HOA Board meetings, all owners and residents are welcome and encouraged to ...
- 2 Extra Pool Weekends!We’re pleased to let you know that, weather permitting, the PG pool will remain open for the next two weekends — September 10-11 and 17-18, 10am-8pm — before closing for the year. Enjoy!All best–The PG HOA Board
- Upcoming Metro shutdown(s)
As previously announced by the City and WMATA, next Saturday, September 10, major rehabilitation work will begin on Metro’s yellow line tunnel and bridge between the Pentagon and L’Enfant Plaza. At the same time, construction crews will be building new Metro tracks that tie the new Potomac Yard Station into the existing system. These projects will cause all Metro service south of Reagan Airport to be suspended until October 22. The yellow line work will shut down the bridge for about eight months, until May 2023, and there will be no service between the Pentagon and L’Enfant Plaza during that time.
As during ...
- PYMIG 8/29/22 Meeting Notes
It is hard to believe that we are entering the home stretch of construction of the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station. A quick recap of the significant events follows:
- May 16, 2019. The PG HOA Board of Directors published the approved Traffic Circle Settlement Order (WMATA-Potomac Greens-Stipulated Final Judgement)
- July 17, 2019. The builders (PYC) begin constructing a staging area for equipment and materials in the city-owned park at the north end of our community.
- September 6, 2019. The Virginia State Water Control Board approves an environmental permit to construct the new Metrorail station in the wetlands.
- November 15, 2019. The Army Corps of ...
- Late Summer Soirée – RSVP – Don’t miss out Remember that PG’s Late Summer Soirée featuring food, beer, wine, and fabulous company will take place on Saturday, September 10th, at 6pm on Rose Square. RSVPs are required by next Friday, September 2nd.2 complimentary tickets per PG Address. $25 for each additional ticket. Adult / 21 only.RSVP by September 2nd to www.eventbrite.com/e/potomac-greens-late-summer-soiree-tickets-388172914637All best–The PG Social Committee
- Dogs & Leashes in Community This is a friendly reminder to our residents that Potomac Greens’ CCRs include a restriction that “pets shall not be permitted upon the Common Areas unless accompanied by a responsible person and unless they are carried or leashed” (see Article VI, Section 2, (g) (Pets)). Additionally, the City of Alexandria has an ordinance requiring dogs be leashed in public areas.Thanks for your attention and adherence to these rules, and please stay safe out there, neighbors.All best–The PG HOA Board
- Potomac Yard Metrorail Station Cutover Construction Activity Alert
Dear Potomac Yard Residents and Businesses,
In preparation for the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station Cutover, Potomac Yard Contractors (PYC) will begin 24-hour activity on-site starting the weekend of August 20, 2022. Activity will continue through completion of the cutover process. This work is necessary for the installation of train control circuits, signalization, trackwork, building envelope and finishes for the new Potomac Yard Metro Station. Work is required to take place at night due to WMATA regulations regarding work within the active roadway. Work may not be continuous due to weather and the availability of WMATA work windows.
- PYMIG – Aug. 28, 2022 Meeting Reminder
The next PYMIG meeting will take place on Monday, August 29, 2022, from 7–9 PM at City Hall, Room 1101 in the hybrid format. The public may attend the meeting in-person or virtually via Zoom. Virtual participation information for the public is:
Public Registration Information
Zoom Webinar link: zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ISPLiAK0Szy2hHSMQgoPJA
Meeting ID: 923 3558 1117
Dial in: 301.715.8592
Update courtesy of Steve Crime, PG’s neighborhood liaison to PYMIG.
- PYMIG Related Update July 28, 2022
City Staff has reached out to let us know they have contracted with a vendor, Stantec, to perform invasive vegetation control around a Torrey’s rush colony in the wetlands near the new Metrorail station. By way of history, the City of Alexandria had to obtain permits from the Virginia State Water Control Board (SWCB) and the U.S Army Corps of Engineers before construction of the new Metrorail station in the National Park Service wetlands could begin. On May 31, 2019, and June 17, 2019, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) received comments from the Virginia Department of Conservation and ...
- Traffic & Parking Board meeting outcomesAs previously announced, the City’s Traffic & Parking Board met last night and received the recommendation from Transportation & Environmental Services that the forthcoming Potomac Greens parking district be restricted to 2-hour parking, 8am-5pm, Monday-Saturday. The T&P Board approved these restrictions with a proviso that if, in the four months immediately following the opening of the new Metro station, more than 70% of PG parking spaces per block become occupied by non-residents, the City can extend the restrictions to 11pm without going back to the T&P Board.
- PYMIG – Aug. 28, 2022 Meeting Reminder
- 2 Extra Pool Weekends!