Meet your 2019 Board of Directors
- Ron Lafond
- Bob Berdelle
- Laura Mondro
- Renee Bemish
- Shells Karle
About the Board. Board of Directors meetings are generally held on the 4th Thursday of every month (except November and December) and homeowners are invited to attend. Homeowners receive a postcard notifying of the date and time of the meeting, in addition to it being posted under Announcements and the Calendar on this website.
Organizational Documents. The organizational documents and meeting minutes can be found on the Sentry Portal. To access the Sentry Portal and view the documents, residents can establish an account and login.
Comments to the Board. To make a comment, provide feedback, or an submit an idea for the community, please email Christie, Property Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 703.642.3246 x 207 .
Our Annual Meeting is customarily held in December.
Committees The Potomac Greens Committees play an important role in shaping our neighborhood. We have a group of committed residents who volunteer their time to make Potomac Greens a great community. If you are interested in learning more or volunteering for a committee, please email the Property Manager at Christie@sentrymanagement.com. Current active committees include:
- Architectural Review Board – The Potomac Greens Architectural Review Board is responsible for reviewing and approving changes to the exterior of homes in our neighborhood, with the goal of maintaining the architectural character of Potomac Greens. We partner with the Board of Directors to create consistent and easy to understand guidelines for the maintenance of and alterations to the exterior of our homes. Half of our community is subject to the Alexandria’s Old and Historic Alexandria Board of Architectural Review. The City requires approval from the Potomac Greens Architectural Review Board before considering any application. We strive to quickly review applications so homeowners can get their projects done with minimum delay.
- Budget and Finance Committee – The Finance committee’s goal is to better understand the association finances, to assist the Board of Directors in fulfilling the Board’s financial management oversight responsibilities. We provide the board with recommendations to manage financial assets and evaluate financial controls and account methods. We regularly review month ending and year ending financial statements and provide a recommended annual operating budget to the board. As a committee, we have also begun to review the reserve levels and investment strategies to make recommendations to the board to ensure our money is being used most efficiently. We have prepared reports for the Board to summarize end of year standing and plan to update these annually.
- Landscaping Committee – The Landscape Committee’s goal is to enhance the beauty of the landscaping of the Potomac Greens community by advising the Board of Directors on all landscaping, and to maintain all common areas of the community in an attractive state. Additionally, we ensure that community landscaping practices adhere to the City of Alexandria regulations concerning plant materials, water restrictions, or other matters. To meet these goals, the committee reviews, evaluates, and submits recommendations regarding all landscape issues related to the grounds controlled by the Potomac Greens Homeowners Association (PGHOA), and recommends solutions to any existing problems identified by the committee, the contract landscaper, or as identified and presented by property owners. Working with residents, the committee strives to seek attractive, sustainable, and environmentally appropriate landscaping throughout the community. Finally, the committee identifies and reports concerns or misconduct regarding the staff employed by the contract landscape company, and report any incidents identified to the Management Company and/or the Board of Directors.
- Rules Committee – The Rules Committee was established in order to brainstorm, research and analyze any necessary protocols and/or guidelines that may be needed in order for our community to run smoothly and thrive. We are currently in the process of drafting charters for each committee so that each has a clear vision and mission alongside guidelines and protocols.
- Social Committee – The Social committee plans fun community events that appeal to each of our neighbors, and provide opportunities for us to come together in a social setting, to enjoy our lovely neighborhood. Whether you’re looking for a fun event for the kids or an evening out after a long week at work, the social committee works hard to pull off some amazing events. Please keep on the look out for future event announcements!
- Communications Committee – The Communications committee’s goal is to help the information flow within the community. Whether it is communication from Sentry, from the Board, or from other committees, the Communications committee intends to push out relevant updates, trying to reach as many homeowners and residents as possible. We are using the existing tools available to us, including mail, the Sentry website, the unofficial neighborhood Facebook Page, and the bulletin board and also exploring other options, such as email, Twitter etc… We are also looking at the various types of communication required, such as emergency updates, social committee updates, updates from the city on the metro plans, and other routine updates such as trash schedule changes. Homeowners: Please remember to keep your information updated on the Sentry resident login site (click resident login above), and don’t forget to “OPT IN” if you want to receive email communication from Sentry. If you register and don not “OPT IN”, they will not be able to use your email address as a means of communication.
The communications committee has an email address for your comments/questions/concerns about community communications. Please don’t hesitate to reach out! You can reach us at Comms@PotomacGreensHOA.com. Email addresses for board members and other committees coming soon!!