Thanks to everyone who decorated their alleyways and came out to join in the fun on Tuesday evening as Santa, Rudolph and the Elves came through the alleys to wish everyone holiday joys. The Alleys really stepped it up this year – innovation, ingenuity, team-work, and fun spent together whilst putting up the decorations.
As Santa wandered the alleys he came across the International Christmas Market in the Carpenter/Bracey alley where he enjoyed some Glogg, kleinur, and krumkaker, and then he happened upon an unexpected but humorous CRIME scene in the Bracey/Day Lane alley! Santa enjoyed receiving letters, requests and hearing what the children would like for Christmas. The snow fell as forecast in the Miller/Day Lane alleyway which prepared him for his ride up to the north end alleyway for some gluhwein and mince pies before heading back to the North Pole where he is making sure all presents are wrapped and the sleigh is packed ready for his long journey on Christmas Eve.
The alleys looked wonderful and “Bragging Rights” with signs have been awarded:
- 1st place: Alley 5, between Miller Lane/Day Lane
- 2nd place: Alley 11 between Lyles Lane/Carpenter Rd (north end)
- 3rd place (tie): Alley 7, between Rose Sq/Miller Lane
- 3rd place (tie): Alley 2, between Bracey Lane/Carpenter Rd (south end)
- Alley 4, alley between Bracey Lane/Day Lane, site of the CRIME scene
- Alley 9, third alley adjacent to the Metro (between the clubhouse and north courtyard) (1800,-1808, 1816 – 1824 PGD)
Merry Christmas to All
The Social Committee