After our June 25 update to the community following the announcement of Virginia’s Phase 3 re-opening guidance, a few residents kindly volunteered to work with the Board to create a proposal for operating the PG pool during Phase 3. The proposal aimed to address social distancing, enhanced cleaning requirements, enforcement of the rules to mitigate the legal liability of our HOA, and other matters. When we felt the plan sufficiently addressed our concerns and the Phase 3 guidelines, we asked our HOA’s attorneys and insurance company for their evaluation of the plan and associated risk to the HOA. Unfortunately, even with all of the precautions that our pool company, the Board, and residents put forward, the proposal still presented a considerable amount of risk to the health, safety, and welfare of our residents, and a significant legal risk to our HOA. In consideration of all the factors, the Board has decided to keep the pool closed for the remainder of Phase 3.
We considered all aspects to comply with Phase 3 guidelines, and we didn’t make the decision lightly. The Board’s primary responsibility is to make decisions that are in the best interests of the HOA. Our top priority is keeping the neighborhood safe and making decisions that promote the general health, safety, and welfare of the residents, and we don’t believe we can do that if we open the pool during Phase 3, even in a limited and restricted capacity. We understand that many residents will be disappointed, frustrated, and even angry about this decision, but we’re living in uncertain and unchartered times, and the Board considers the health of our residents more important than any benefit of opening the pool at this time.
If you’d like to discuss this with the Board, the primary ways to contact us are to send us an email through Christie Beruete (email@example.com) or attend the Board meeting later this month (details forthcoming).
Thanks, neighbors, and all our best–
The PG HOA Board