The PYMIG posted a video update of Metrorail Station construction on December 28, 2020. The video’s purpose was for the builders (Potomac Yard Constructors or PYC) to discuss the Metrorail Station’s progress and address the future construction schedule. The video provides a clear and thorough presentation of construction progress. The video is available at http://alexandria.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=29&clip_id=4769. I encourage residents to view the 20-minute video. The drawing below will help residents locate the various elements of the Metrorail station.
1. Mezzanine/Headhouses. Presentation slides 3-24 focus on the forms being built for the Metrorail Station’s mezzanine. The verbal explanations for the slides will significantly enhance our residents understanding of construction progress.
2. Knuckle. Presentation slides 25-29 focus on the Knuckle (on the Potomac Yard side). PYC will use the Knuckle to connect pedestrian bridges from the North and Southwest entrance pavilions to a pedestrian bridge over the CSX tracks.
3. North Entrance Pavilion. Presentation slides 30-32 focus on the North entrance pavilion. The North entrance pavilion will be the primary access to the future Virginia Tech Innovation campus and commercial development in Potomac Yard.
4. AC Switchgear Building. Presentation slides 33-34 show that the exterior of the AC switchgear building is nearing completion. PYC will soon install the exterior brickwork. In the next two weeks, PYC will pour the slab roof and install the interior slab floor.
5. Future Schedule. You can find PYC’s short-term construction schedule (through February 2021) on slide 35 and the long-term project schedule (through project completion in March 2022) on slide 36.
The next PYMIG virtual meeting is scheduled for January 25, 2021, at 7 pm. The link to attend the Zoom meeting will be posted on the City’s PYMIG webpage.
Update courtesy of Steve Crime – PG neighborhood’s PYMIG liaison